|Category: Main » Scallop Recipes|
|Title:||Bacon Wrapped Marinated Scallops|
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
12 Large Scallops
6 slices smoked bacon, halved
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the Scallops, and toss to coat. Cover bowl, and marinate at least one hour in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
3. Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.
4. Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.
5. Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
NOTE: Can also be done on the barbeque. Wrap raw bacon piece around marinated scallop and cook until bacon is done.