Captain Jack's Shipping Information:
Captain Jack's Seafood Locker ships your freshly-frozen Alaska Seafood via FedEx overnight delivery, directly from our freezer to your door. Your order is packed in a seafood industry approved insulated box that has been tested to maintain holding temperatures and proven to withstand the riggors of air travel. Your order will be packed in as few boxes as possible for delivery. FedEx's state-of-the-art tracking system allows you to follow your order from the time it leaves our facility until it arrives at your doorstep. At that time you are responsible to get your seafood into a freezer.
Captain Jack's ships orders Monday thru Thursday, not including holidays. We will make every effort to ship your order on the next available ship day after it was received. Orders must be made before noon to go out the following day. If you would like to request a specific ship day, you may do so in the comments section during the order process or by calling us directly. If possible, we would be happy to accommodate the request. It is best to have someone available to receive the package from FedEx, but in most cases, FedEx will leave the box on your doorstep if noone is home.
Our shipping charges include a size appropriate insulated box, packing material, and gel-ice or dry-ice to help ensure your order of Alaska Seafood arrives in a frozen to mostly frozen state. Estimated shipping charges to your location can be calculated on the "View Shopping Cart" page of the site after placing any item into the shopping cart.
Things you should know about your FedEx shipment:
- Your order will be shipped to the address given during the order process. If an incorrect address is given you are still responsible for full payment of the order. FedEx and Captain Jack's Seafood Locker will not issue a refund or send a reshipment because of a delivery failure due to an incorrect address given by the customer.
- Captain Jack's Seafood Locker is not responsible or liable for any delays or problems during shipping. If there is a problem that results in your Alaska Seafood being spoiled, your package is insured by us with FedEx. If FedEx determines the delay or damage is covered by the insurance, Captain Jack's will work with you to either issue a refund or replace the shipment. FedEx does not insure "problems beyond their control", acts of "terrorism", or "weather delays". Captain Jack's Seafood Locker will work with FedEx on your behalf, but FedEx will issue the final decision.
- When you receive your Alaskan Seafood from Captain Jack's it should arrive in a frozen or partially - frozen state. If your seafood is not at least cold to the touch upon arrival, please call us right away for guidance.
- Put your seafood into a freezer immediately upon receipt if you intend to keep it for later use. Otherwise, place your seafood products in the refrigerator to thaw. King crab should be kept frozen until you are ready to eat it. It can then be steamed, broiled, boiled, or grilled to bring to the desired temperature. It has however, already been fully cooked during processing.
- If you are ordering one of our "self stable" items along with frozen seafood these items will be included in the shipment with your frozen products. Our "shelf stable" gift boxes are shipped via FedEx 2-Day Shipping. These items do not require refrigeration until they are opened. They should be eaten within two days of opening their individual seals.
- Captain Jack's ships Alaskan Seafood only within the United States at this time.