|Category: Main » Salmon Recipes|
|Title:||Grilled Ginger Salmon|
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 fresh 4 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 whole Wild Salmon fillet with skin on (around 3 lbs)
1 cedar plank
1. Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, minced ginger, olive oil, and garlic in a bowl, and pour into a ziplock bag. Add the salmon fillet, coat with the marinade, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
2. About 1/2 hour before grilling, soak cedar plank in water.
3. Preheat barbeque to medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
4. Remove the Wild Alaskan Salmon from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place the salmon, skin side down, onto the cedar plank.
5. Grill with the grill cover closed until the salmon is opaque but still juicy, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove the salmon from the plank in one piece, leaving the skin on the plank.